1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I bond 2 DIALUP connections from 2 different ISPs?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nmnerd505, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmnerd505

nmnerd505 Thread Starter

How do I combine 2 dialup connections in XP PRO? (2 different ISPs, 2 modems, 2 phone lines)

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I had done this once under Windows 98 but there wasn't any apparent effect on speed. I tried it with 2 modems, 2 telephone lines, 2 ISP accounts. I guess, a browser, a mail client (or any other software) will route its request thru only one of them. I think it will be the first one of the two connections.

Also, if your ISP allows multiple connection to the same account at the same time, here's what you can do in Win98. I don't know about XP.

Go to Dial Up Networking, right click on the Dial Up account and go to Multilink. There select use additional devices and set them up.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

THey used to make what was called Shotgun dialup modems. But I think your ISP has to be setup to accept this type of connection. I could be wrong. My old dialup isp only let me have one connection at a time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice