1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can i change from dynamic ip to static

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kazazer, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazazer

kazazer Thread Starter

hi i need to change from dynamic IP to Static for work, Iv rang my provider talk talk and the only way i can do this is go to a buisness line and pay more a month is there anyway i can log into my router and change from dynamic to static myself? im not on about the IP thats starts 192.blah blah blah its the one where u go somewhere like whatsmyip.com mine is dynamic as it changes if router is reset, there is hiccup in internet or computer is off for the night etc... i really need to try to change this to static without forking out more money if possible.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Few, if any, ISPs provide static IP addresses with their lower cost service contracts. It's quite standard that static IP address(es) are available only with business service. However, you are welcome to call the other ISPs serving your area to see if they have cheaper rates.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    NO - to have a public IP that is static will need to be provided by the ISP

there is a service that can help with this - But I cant find - its something like http://dyn.com/dns/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice