can i change my guest account to admin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stewartcool

hi i am running xp on a guest account there are no options in

user accounts to change from guest to admin or to add new account

is there any way i can have control of my pc as i cant set time or remove apps and stuff

please please help me

bonk

Banned
If you are on the Guest account the you will have limited Control.

Is this a family PC and and if so who is the has the Administrator account?

bonk

Banned
You will have to created a New User as the default guest account cannot create a Admin user.

Try this Start in Safe Mode and when it starts in Safe Mode choose Administrator Account
See if you can create a new user giving it Admin rights in User Accounts while in Safe Mode.

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

bonk

Banned
When you started in Safe Mode did you see a choice for your account and a Administrator account?

stewartcool

thank you very much that has worked well done you have saved me throwing my pc out of the window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online