1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can i connect my adsl2/2+ wifi modem/router to cable modem?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by speldo, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. speldo

speldo Thread Starter

Just moved in and brought my ADSL wifi modem Belkin F1PI241EGau with me, but over here there is cable and the provider supplied me with their modem motorola Surfboard SB5101E. I would like to connect these two to use the wifi. Would that be possible?

Thank you

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Not really. The ADSL router doesn't have the correct WAN interface. You need a standard router with an Ethernet WAN connection.

3. speldo

speldo Thread Starter

Any recommendations for good wifi router which would be most compatible with the cable modem?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Any major brand of standard router will do the job. Since you're in Eastern Europe, I'm guessing you'll have to find out what's available in your area.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/820259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice