Can I convert MPG to MPEG4--if so, how?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

I have some MPG files I would like to convert to MPEG4. I have absolutely no experience with this.

What do I need to convert it--if it can be done.

I have Nero 7 Ultra and Easy Media Creator 9; but, all I've ever done with them is make CD and DVD data backups.

MysticEyes

Banned
Alex Ethridge said:
I have some MPG files I would like to convert to MPEG4. I have absolutely no experience with this.

What do I need to convert it--if it can be done.

I have Nero 7 Ultra and Easy Media Creator 9; but, all I've ever done with them is make CD and DVD data backups.
Mpeg4 covers some ground. Nero has it's own version there is also Xvid and Divx (among others). What are you trying to accomplish?

Nero Recode will convert to Nero's mpeg4 format (you'll end up with an .mp4 extension). Fire it up, choose 'Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital'. Untick the 'Fit to disc' option and use the slider to make the output size (usually folks want smaller than the source) to whatever you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online