Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I convert web based e-mail to outlook

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AbvAvgUser 
#1 ·
I have to many separate mail accounts used for my business. I forget to check them all. Can I convert my web based accounts, over to my outlook, but have mail sent from my different business accounts. Let me know if this is not clear what I'm trying to do. I need to keep my existing addresses. There printed on all my business cards.
Win98se, outlook200

#2 ·
I don't think you can directly convert them. However, some (but not many) web-based email sites offer email-forwarding. All this does is re-route email sent to one account and put it into another. Have a quick search in a few of the menus, and you might strike lucky.

#3 ·
like corrosive says you can use pop2 or smtp to get your email what you need to do is first of all find out the address of incoming and outgoing servers that is usually simple being that there is always that option inside the web interface. Yahoo you have to pay for and i believe hotmail you do as well. Other emails than that i can't help you with because we have our own dedicated email server at my job

#5 ·
I don't know how far practical or financially feasible this is for you. But here's a suggestion that could cost you about $30 a year, but helps you organise mails.

Book your domain name for about $9 a year. Host it with someone for around $20 a year. In this much amount, I give my clients 25 mb space with max 5 mail addresses. But you can have unlimited forwarding addresses.

So make one mailbox of 15-20 MB and make as many forwarding addresses as you need. Forward them all to this mail box and check only this one.

For example, you can have one mailbox@yourdomain.com and then have multiple forwarding addresses like sales@yourdomain.com and inquiry@yourdomain.com and anything@yourdomain.com.

I have been using this way. Its been far more convenient. You decide about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.