1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I delete the Office Setup Files?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Farmgirl22, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22 Thread Starter

I'm running out of space on my harddrive (only 1.3 GB left) and the Office Setup Files show to take up a LOT of space when I pull up my disk cleaner. What happens if I delete those setup files? Will my Office suite quit running?

I think deleting the setup files will allow enough space for my defragger to run also--which I'm hoping will speed up my super slow computer...I'd put more space on there, but I'm not sure how to re-allocate space from my Mac Partition to that one, so if someone knows how to do that, that would be pretty cool too.

Thanks!!

P.S. Can someone tell me exactly how much space Windows itself takes up?? And the Office Professional Edition suite?

2. net_newsy

net_newsy

A bit handy if you leave it there but I believe it is safe deleting them.
    Only when you need to install optional components of MS Office later on, you will be prompted for the disks. If you have the MS Office disks , then you should face no problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!