1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can i extract Vista Product key from installation DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nate8282, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nate8282

nate8282 Thread Starter

Can i extract Vista Product key from installation DVD? Basically what happened was i was having trouble with my OS and i re-installed it, still same problems, they sent me another copy of vista to see if that fixed it, i accidently mixed up the dvds and installed the old one, and didn't pay attention to the fact that it never activated, its running fine but now i'm past the activation period. i was wondering if i can extract the product key from the new dvd so that i don't have to re-install the OS. i have found programs that extract from OS's already installed, but not one from a DVD i have.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

3. nate8282

nate8282 Thread Starter

my problem isn't finding the product key on my already installed system, it's trying to extract it from a seperate install dvd

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    There is NOT one on the DVD, so there is nothing to extract. Any DVD of the same version, can be used for any key code of that version.

Home premium DVD----> Home premium Key Code
    Home basic DVD----> Home basic Key Code
    Ultimate DVD----> Ultimate Key Code

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice