1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I fix packet duplication?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by WickedChick26, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedChick26

WickedChick26 Thread Starter

Ok so heres the deal. I play an online game second life. I have been with my internet company about 4 months. For the first 2 months everything was fine and then sometime last month my game started having issues. Everything I did in the game was duplicated, chat, payment recieving notices etc. Well I called my internet company they say everything is working fine and up to speed. I left it alone then I called today after using different things to boost my speed and it not working and asked them about packet loss..... I used pingtest.net to see what my packet loss was and it is close to 60%. Well when they did a check she said the packets are going through but they seem to be duplicating themselves and she had never seen that. So lets send out a technician.

Well he shows up about 20 minutes later because he was at a neighbors house and he does his checks says everything is fine. Changes my main cable line that runs outside to a different line that i had and when i go back to check for packet loss i am having the same issue. So it wasnt my line.

Is there anyone out there that knows what causes packet duplication and is it something I can fix. I have tried a TCPoptimizer doesnt work. I cant figure out how to go in and change my bandwith because i have windows 7 home premium and it doesnt come with gpedit.msc.

Please if anyone knows anything i can try i would greatly appreciate it I am about to lose my freakin mind lol.

Specs-
    Windows 7 home premium
    Brand. HP
    processor amd athlon(tm) II x2 215 processor 2.70GHz
    Memory: 6.00 GB
    System type: 64 bit

I have charter as a cable company and the only package they offer is the 1mg service which i know is the crappiest one you can get but i cant upgrade. But when i first started using charter everything was fine so this issue isnt entirely the speed.

Thanks so much for any one who helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice