1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I get my D drive back

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hollymw2, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hollymw2

Hollymw2 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 502 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 38138 MB, Free - 27364 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0D7726
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I don't know what happen to my D: drive, I probably downloaded something that deleted it. Can I download a new D: drive, I have pictures I want to upload to my computer.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to be more specific, "D drive" is just a random drive assignment. What was the "D drive" to be? A hard drive, a CD\DVD drive, a media card slot?

3. Hollymw2

Hollymw2 Thread Starter

It was a CD/DVD drive

4. sonexpc

sonexpc

See wheather you see the DVD drive in the device manager... if it has a yellow mark beside try delete it and refresh device manager to let it find the right one..

and you can try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

5. Hollymw2

Hollymw2 Thread Starter

I tried the Microsoft Fix-it application, it said the CD/DVD was not found. Can I download a new one??

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    A CD\DVD drive is a physical piece of hardware, you can't download hardware buy you can go out and buy a new one from a store.

Can you open Device Manager as shown here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsxp/f/opendmxp.htm
    And then tell us if it shows your CD\DVD drive there and if it has any errors?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice