Can I Get My Sent GMail Emails into Outlook Express?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Somnamna

I have always used Hotmail with Outlook Express - I can send and receive Hotmail emails from my PC. But now that Microsoft have threatened to withdraw free POP access, I have decided to try GMail.
I have got my GMail working with Outlook Express. I can download all my received emails into a folder on my PC, but I do not appear to be able to download my sent emails.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give.

Just a thought, send from Outlook Express, just have you Gmail account in the header.

I use Gmail for everything, but no longer have to log into their site - everything comes and goes from the Gmail account.

thorin

Somnamna

dlowell said:
Just a thought, send from Outlook Express, just have you Gmail account in the header.

I use Gmail for everything, but no longer have to log into their site - everything comes and goes from the Gmail account.

thorin
Thanks very much! For some reason I was testing GMail by logging in to the web site and sending from there. Of course, normally I would send from my PC and specify GMail in the "From:" address, which is what I do with Hotmail. So I tried what you said, and the sent mail appears in my local folder's "Sent Mail" folder.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online