1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I Get Sound out of my PS3 via Av Multi Out?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wcestnick, Sep 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. wcestnick

wcestnick Thread Starter

Basically, I have purchased a monitor that has an HDMI and a VGA input option in the back, but no speakers (and thus no aux inputs) . I have a PS3 that has HDMI and AV Multi Out in the back. I am currently using the HDMI from the PS3 to the HDMI on the monitor, which gives me video, but because the monitor has no speakers there is no sound.
    My idea was to purchase an AV Multi Out cable (https://www.amazon.ca/Mario-Retro-V...ywords=av+multi+out+ps3&qid=1568683481&sr=8-2) , connect it to a composite cable - aux adapter (https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X9ATM2DQP9TKH3Q827KG) and connect the aux cord to a Bose speaker.

Does anyone have any idea if this will work or not?? Thanks!!

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Gaming consoles are designed to be used the TV's. That being said, what kind of ports does you PS3 have?

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I would have to check the settings but I think you can have both and put the sound to the Multi-out, however it may conflict for video with the HDMI.

Do you have speakers that have the Optical In by chance?

bassfisher6522 likes this.
  4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    upload_2019-9-17_11-17-10.png

Nothing fancy other than HDMI and Optical that are common ports. AV Multi Out is specific to the Playstation.

5. wcestnick

wcestnick Thread Starter

The PS3 has 2 USB ports in the front, and in the back there is an HDMI port, AV Multi Out port, and ethernet port

6. wcestnick

wcestnick Thread Starter

No I dont, which is why i was hoping to run sound through the Aux. Do you think my idea would work, running the AV Multi Out into the composite cable-aux adaptor, and then through the bose speaker?

I tried connecting the PS3 to the bose via bluetooth but apparently game sound cannot be transmitted via bluetooth, only sounds from the online chats

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    In theory it should work.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice