1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I hide/delete "play slideshow" on sent mail?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mojocat, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mojocat

Mojocat Thread Starter

Hello. When I send e-mail, containing an emoticon, Windows Live Mail places pictures of them at the top of my e-mail message window, with the option to "play slideshow". I really don't need to see a slide show of my one or two emoticons. I'm not sending photos, just adding emoticons in my message.

Is there a way to disable or hide this featue? If not, maybe move it to the bottom of my message? Does it send the same play slideshow to my mail recipient?

I also note that when I receive e-mail, in most cases, there is an IE icon placed at the top of the message. I don't know why those come through or what it means. Would the same answer to hiding or removing the play slideshow also work for removing IE icons? Hope this makes sense.

Please make suggestions in simple terms, I am not computer savvy and brand new to Windows Live Mail. Thank you in advance for any answers.

Using: Windows 7
    Live Mail 2011
    I use Live Mail (not Hotmail)

2. jakey8

jakey8 Banned

I guess the IE icons are what happens when you receive a instant message on IE :)

3. Mojocat

Mojocat Thread Starter

Thanks jakey8, that makes sense.

4. jakey8

jakey8 Banned

Your very welcome! Have you found any updates?

5. Mojocat

Mojocat Thread Starter

Not yet, I'm still looking (and hoping) to soon!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice