1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can i hook this up to a TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PODNickerz, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PODNickerz

PODNickerz Thread Starter

2. zeddy

zeddy

It says it has dual display built in and TV out featured. Look for what kind of connectors it has - composite, S Video or whatever.

3. pronute

pronute

You need a TV out riser card contact your moterboard manufacturer for more details. Also the manual should list this Optional card and where to install it on the motherboard, however your link was to the Chipset not your motheroard your motherboard may not have this option. The resolution displayed on a TV is very poor compared to your monitor it may not even be worth it.

4. Whitestar

Whitestar

TV Out doesnt mean u can use a tv as a monitor. Tv Out means that u can plug a tv aerial into ur card and use ur comp as a tv, but usually u its not a normal tv aerial socket (depends on where u live)

5. zeddy

zeddy

Whitestar said

Errr? TV out does mean you can use your TV as a monitor, or switch the display so that playing a DVD from your drive can be displayed on the TV screen. It does not mean you can use your computer as a TV.......................I think you might be getting mixed up with a TV tuner card.

6. Whitestar

Whitestar

possibly. but on my gfx card intructions it says to plug an aerial into the tv out port to use the comp as a tv. i think the instructions are wrong

7. zeddy

zeddy

I think they are wrong, you should have an aerial socket on your card as it is an All in Wonder so has a TV tuner built in. But the aerial socket is so that you can feed the signal into the card not out.

8. pronute

pronute

Your going to OUTPUT to an aerial what are you seeing on an antenna? TV output is connected to the TVs video input this is a fact industry wide, it's known as TV out, common sense would dictate that an output connects to a input and where you live makes no difference.(n)

9. pronute

pronute

You misread the manual it stated "Connect the aerial or cable to the ANT connector", and "connect the SVideo or composite video output to the video input of the TV". The illustrations may be confusing, if you actually read the manual it would be clearer

10. pronute

pronute

PODNickerz did you locate the TV out riser? If you post your motherboard I can locate it for you.;)

11. PODNickerz

12. pronute

pronute

Sorry to inform you that while the chipset has TV out the motherboard doesn't have the TV OUT Riser. So if you want to connect to your TV, you have to purchase a Video card with the TV out option most of them come with SVideo or composite, SVideo out is preferred if you have SVideo IN on your TV and Composite is for if you don't, however like I stated before the resolution on the TV is really poor.

13. PODNickerz

Ok, thanks anyway :)

I do have another video card with some tv out plug thing but its not close enough to the tv.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice