1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I install MS Office XP on W98se?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Fredledingue, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredledingue

Fredledingue Thread Starter

MS Office XP or 2000, what is better for my W98SE platform?

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

Office 2000 :
    Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 (SP6),1 Windows 2000, or Windows XP or later

Office XP
    Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 (SP6) or later,³ Windows 2000, or Windows XP or later.

so you can run either one, XP will probably run better on Windows XP but it depends on your processor, memory, hard drives etc

i didn't even bother with Office XP on my W98, 233mhz, 160mb ram machine - Office 2000 runs fine on it

3. Fredledingue

Fredledingue Thread Starter

Thanks, I installed Office XP and it runs very fine. 2000 ran fine too.
    A guy told me that XP may run better and would take less ressource than 2000.
    It may be true because Office XP seems faster.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice