Can I install MS Office XP on W98se?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Office 2000 :
Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 (SP6),1 Windows 2000, or Windows XP or later

Office XP
Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6 (SP6) or later,³ Windows 2000, or Windows XP or later.

so you can run either one, XP will probably run better on Windows XP but it depends on your processor, memory, hard drives etc

i didn't even bother with Office XP on my W98, 233mhz, 160mb ram machine - Office 2000 runs fine on it

Fredledingue

Thanks, I installed Office XP and it runs very fine. 2000 ran fine too.
A guy told me that XP may run better and would take less ressource than 2000.
It may be true because Office XP seems faster.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online