1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can I Install software through registry?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Irish75, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Irish75

Irish75 Thread Starter

Just changed my Hd out to a bigger sshd both the new and the old drive have windows7 64
    is there a way I can install a couple of my programs (lost the disks ) from the old drive to the new drive just by copy and pasting program folder to the registry and program folder in the new drive. If so how
    can I get to those folders on the old drive (connected to computer through usb now ) ?

Thanks for your help

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

If theres a way to do that i dont know of any.In other words i doubt it.Ive never heard of installing any software though a registry.

3. hssonline

hssonline

removed by mod

4. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

I see three problems with the above program, when the wording is not clear, can not always spell the product name the same way and is BETA.

5. valis

valis Moderator

hssonline, you've been warned about posting links to that site in the past. When you return, please remember NOT to do that.

thanks,

v

6. valis

valis Moderator

Heyya Dave, I've edited your post, as I've deleted hssonline's post in it's entirety. :)

thanks,

v

7. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Thanks, for the heads up.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067186