Can i install Windows Vista beta 2 on my jump drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Even that will struggle.
I would look at a Linux distribution. Linspire is an attempt to look and feel like Windows.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Yes. Try a nice little one called Puppy Linux first. Full instructions for installing on to various media are supplied on the Web site. You can also run it from a CD, or completely in memory. The nice bit about running it from a CD is that if you run it from a CD writer, it will save your settings back to the CD and use them the next time(if you want).

Not sure if this is still a problem or if I was just doing something wrong, but I never got Puppy Linux to work with my SATA drives. Well actually it worked, but it never found those drives. Of course no problem if you don't have SATAs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online