1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I Install XP Pro 32bit on my 64bit machine?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rajhu, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rajhu

rajhu Thread Starter

Hello and thanks in advance for your help.

I currently have two 64 bit laptops that I'd like to downgrade to Windows XP Pro 32 bit.

Both are HP dv6 models.

The first is I believe a dv6-1350us and is running Windows Vista.

According to the tech guy he says I have to install a 64-bit operating system like XP Pro 64. I'd like to confirm if this is really true or not.

The second computer is dv6-1355dx and running Windows 7 Home Premium. So can I downgrade this to XP Pro 32 bit?

Supposedly there are drivers available to make this change. But according to my tech guy he believes I have to use a 64 bit operating system with a 64 bit machine. So maybe Windows XP Pro 64 bit would work.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

[​IMG] and welcome to the Forum

You can install either a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system on a 64 bit processor . .

3. rajhu

rajhu Thread Starter

Thanks Rich

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

You are welcome!

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and software site for the HP Pavilion dv6-1350us laptop.

Here is the support and software site for the HP Pavilion dv6-1355dx laptop.

No Windows XP drivers are available for download for the devices in those laptops.

Here is some reading about downgrading HP laptops to Windows XP.

------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice