1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I manually uninstall easy cd creator 6?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cmdixon, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmdixon

cmdixon Thread Starter

I am trying to uninstall easy cd creator 6 and I'm not having any luck. The problem is - we lost our CD for easy cd crator 6. So, we went out and purchased easy media creator 7. However, I need to get version 6 uninstalled. According to the uninstall, it needs the cd to uninstall. I don't have it. What can I do now?

By the way, I'm running Windows XP Professional. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Colleen

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Can you see easy cd creator 6 in add/remove programs.

3. cmdixon

cmdixon Thread Starter

Yes I can. That's where I've tried uninstalling (or removing). However, even when I go there, it still asks for the CD in order to uninstall. I wish I had the darn CD, but I can't find it. Ugh!

Colleen

4. Lightning

Lightning Guest

I've uninstalled Easy CD Creator 6 before and haven't been prompted for the CD. Is it possible that someone has already tried manually deleting the program's files? If so, the only way to cleanly uninstall it is to reinstall it first which you can't do since you can't find the CD.

3rd party uninstallers that I know of require them to be installed before the program you wish to uninstall. Manually deleting Roxio files, folders, and registry keys is only going to create a big mess, and you might even have problems with verison 7 if you manage to get it installed.

Find the disk or borrow someone else's just to install and uninstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/287109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice