1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can i play xbox360 on my laptop via vga?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sokhum, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sokhum

sokhum Thread Starter

hi, i have an inspiron 9300 and it comes with a vga port. now, i have an xbox 360 and i bought a vga cable for it and i connected the wires to the vga port on my laptop. it doesn't seem to be displaying my xbox.

so, i would like to know: 1.a. is it even possible to use my laptop as a monitor for my xbox360 via vga cables.

1.b and if so, how?

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

I'm going to assume that you are not kidding with this question. The laptop VGA port is to enable you to use an external monitor instead of the laptops built in display.

3. stevecampoli

stevecampoli

yes it would be possible to use your laptop as the monitor, in stores you can buy a xbox to vga adapter, the wire which says "tv" or hdtv" has a monitor extensino at the end...

4. alwrmc

alwrmc

I would be interested in knowing if that xbox to vga adapter would allow the laptop display to be utilized for what sokhum is attempting to do. If it works please post here and let us know.

5. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

I think it will only display the output to be honest, if it actually allows the computer to directly input data directly back to the XBOX and display the output too, i will a very suprised man. In short, i think what you want is not possible, though you would be able to display the output but not directly manipulate the data from PC to XBOX.

Nick.

6. dragjack

dragjack

I'd agree with Maverick on this. I think you would need to have a special card installed on your laptop in order to be able to do what you want (like the TV cards for pc - you can use them to have the TV image displayed on the pc monitor).
    the VGA socket on your laptop serves, as alwrmc correctly said previously, to enable you to use an extra monitor (or alternative monitor) for your laptop.

However, I reckon you'd have no problem having the laptop's monitor's image displayed on the XBOX

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/574601