1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I really run this game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by thecactus, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thecactus

thecactus Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

My question is about whether my laptop could run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I ask because I'm sick of playing free FPS games where games are currently constantly ruined by cheaters. PS: If anyone has an online FPS game they would like to recommend they feel is better, more accomodating to my specs, please let me know!

System Requirements Lab is normally my go-to, however when I used it, it said that my laptop fails the spec tests, but only for my video card. The same diagnosis came up for Combat Arms, which I can run easily, which is why I felt it might be a bit unreliable. I don't want to go out and buy the game if it definately won't run :rolleyes:

I'm running:
    Laptop HP Pavilion DV6
    Windows 7
    4GB RAM
    Intel Core i7 2630qm 2 GHZ 2001 MHZ 4 Cores
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Is there anything else you need to know? If so I will gladly post it.

Thanks!

2. thecactus

thecactus Thread Starter

Can anyone help me out?

3. ajkane

ajkane

4. ajkane

ajkane

This info shows that you have processor graphics, which means you don't have a graphics card. I would highly recommend purchasing a GPU from nvidia before running this game. You could run it on its lowest graphics most likely, but if you want to have a good gaming experience then you should by a GPU. If you are willing to buy one, you can tell me your budget and I can point you in the right direction.

5. jonnygreenwood

jonnygreenwood

the graphics card might be a little weak, but if you turn some graphic options off, it runs pretty well for sure.

6. Thilan

Thilan

I really doubt it will run MW2 with Intel HD Graphics..( I have a ATI HD5470 with 1GB and i get only 30FPS at medium settings..

7. GripS

GripS

On-board graphics (even today) are garbage for playing games. I doubt you'd be able to play it (and enjoy it) on your laptop.

8. thecactus

thecactus Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies, and thanks ajkane - sorry I haven't got around to replying to your message, haven't been signed in. I'll look into it!

For the record - would I have any better chance running Modern Warfare 1? Anyone know? Or whether anyone still plays that game?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice