Can I really say bye-bye to my upload cap?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kitmac

Hi all,

Just come across a program and instructions that will supposedly remove the cap on my Cable upload bandwidth (currently 128kbps upstream) by altering the UPC table.

Just posting to get any of your views on the following;

1) Will it work?

2) If it does, will the increase in upstream cut into my downstream bandwidth?

3) Will my Cable ISP be able to tell?

4) And if they can, will I get into trouble?

Any feedback would be very welcome - like the man once said 'If something seems too good to be true, it usually is'.

Best Regards
Kit

It's capped by your ISP not at the modem or on your side of the connection. They do traffic monitoring, but if you aren't doing anything illegal or against your TOS don't worry about it. It probably won't work, but try it anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online