can I recover deleted files from My Favorites online menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fauxgirl

I run Windows Vista basic...
Accidently deleted a major folder under My Favorites in Windows Internet Explorer and want to recover them. So far, I haved tried the recycle bin, system restore manually dating it for two days previous to delete date, downloading several freeware recover programs. They seem to be limited to dealing with the items on the software program. The My Favorites was only on the Explorer Browser page. Surely, there is an imprint or someway to track and reverse the delete? Thoughts please???????

More than likely with all you have done, it destroyed any chance
of recovery. If you read about how to use the undelete programs,
you will see that areas get rewritten when using your computer
and downloading, etc.

If you deleted the folder from within IE, it should have gone to the
recycle bin. On those undelete programs, look for a recycle bin
deleted file and try to undelete. You stand a better chance
because luckily the file is text. Any other format would lessen
your chances even more. The deleted filename will no longer
say favorites or anything that you would recognize. So just
undelete anything related to the recycle bin and hope for the best.

My ISP maintains email at the ISP site for several months. It is possible for me to access and restore mail I accidently deleted from my home PC. This also allows me to access email from public libraries when I am on vacation.
The specific program they use is called WEBMAIL but if you check your ISP's home page perhaps they have somethinbg similar.

Knotbored
I wouldn't know the answer to your specific question. I am sure
someone here would know though.

You probably already know this but...your problem is an entirely
different problem and you should start a separate thread - get
one of the mods to break your post off.

I run Windows Vista basic...
Accidently deleted a major folder under My Favorites in Windows Internet Explorer and want to recover them. So far, I haved tried the recycle bin, system restore manually dating it for two days previous to delete date, downloading several freeware recover programs. They seem to be limited to dealing with the items on the software program. The My Favorites was only on the Explorer Browser page. Surely, there is an imprint or someway to track and reverse the delete? Thoughts please???????
Look in your history. You may be able to visit and re-bookmark most if not all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online