1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Can I Recover lost photos and videos- Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by LovelyChocoMan, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LovelyChocoMan

LovelyChocoMan Thread Starter

Hi,
    I was recently attempting to transfer two media folders from 'My Documents' to 'Pictures' on Windows 10. However I made the mistake of trying to drop and drag the folders, rather than copying and pasting them; and accidentally ended up dropping and dragging the folders into 'Libraries'.

Here's where the problem began. I assumed I would be able to locate the moved folders within this 'Libraries' folder. However, the two folders that I dropped and dragged have no completely disappeared from my laptop.
    The two folders I was trying to move contained over 10GB of pictures taken across 2 years. But stupidly they were not backed up anywhere else.

I've since done some research and found out that this was because 'Libraries' is not actually set up the same way as the other folders.

I have tried several solutions, including revealing hidden files within the 'Libraries' folder; run several searches using the windows search bar. I have been recommended to use recovery software by friends but I literally don't have the money to pay for full versions of these programmes. I tried the trials but they were useless, restricted so that I could view but not restore lost media.

A) Do you have any suggestions for ways that I can recover my photos?
    B) Any free software I can use?
    C) Can I use Windows Recovery, to restore pictures from an old backup?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    LovelyChocoMan likes this.
  3. LovelyChocoMan

LovelyChocoMan Thread Starter

Hi Wayne,

Thanks so much for your help, this was successful in retrieving all the lost pictures. I had previously tried using the windows 10 search bar to no avail, but searching the C: drive was certainly the right thing to do.

For anyone that has this problem in the future, the files were located under:

This PC> Local Disk (C: )> Users> 'Username'> App Data> Roaming> Microsoft> Windows> Libraries>

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you are welcome

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1176597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice