Can I Replace my Motherboard with this one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Possibly as they are the same processor socket but there are other things to consider based on the rest of the system, but why would you want to downgrade the motherboard? Your current/old motherboard is a newer and better Z75 chipset while the "new" one is lesser and older P67. I'd look for another Z75 or a Z77 motherboard.

What processor, video card(s), RAM, etc do you have?

This may be a better choice but only if you have an add-in graphics card and not integrated graphics which the P67 motherboard also doesn't support but the Z75 does: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA0S3ZG4908

ReceivedKO

Possibly as they are the same processor socket but there are other things to consider based on the rest of the system, but why would you want to downgrade the motherboard? Your current/old motherboard is a newer and better Z75 chipset while the "new" one is lesser and older P67. I'd look for another Z75 or a Z77 motherboard.

What processor, video card(s), RAM, etc do you have?

This may be a better choice but only if you have an add-in graphics card and not integrated graphics which the P67 motherboard also doesn't support but the Z75 does: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA0S3ZG4908
My Ram is G.SKILL Ripjaws 2GB Link
My Video Card is IceQ X Radeon HD 7850 Link
My CPU is an Intel i5-3350P Link
I have been looking for the Z75 but I can't find it anywhere so I'm really just looking for a motherboard to do the same (or near) exact same thing the Z75 did.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Well the P67 would support your hardware, although it only supports PCI-express 2.0 instead of your video cards 3.0 interface; probably wouldn't make much difference. Overall the chipset is a bit slower with more limitations. Personally I'd go with a Z77 based board. There's a chance that Windows won't boot on the older chipset as well.

ReceivedKO

Well the P67 would support your hardware, although it only supports PCI-express 2.0 instead of your video cards 3.0 interface; probably wouldn't make much difference. Overall the chipset is a bit slower with more limitations. Personally I'd go with a Z77 based board. There's a chance that Windows won't boot on the older chipset as well.
Well the Z77 is a $210 dollar difference so is there anything cheaper I could get or should I just go with the P67?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Found more reviews for it when Newegg themselves carried it; it does appear it had some network issues so maybe not the best one to get after all. The P67 is compatible with the hardware you listed and there's not much available in socket 1155 that's better due to age so maybe that is your only option unless you can find one on Amazon or somewhere else.

ReceivedKO

Found more reviews for it when Newegg themselves carried it; it does appear it had some network issues so maybe not the best one to get after all. The P67 is compatible with the hardware you listed and there's not much available in socket 1155 that's better due to age so maybe that is your only option unless you can find one on Amazon or somewhere else.
So do you think the P67 is my only option?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I'm sure if you search Amazon or eBay you can find an Z75 or Z77 based motherboard, it's just that the main retailers may not have one.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Your other option is to upgrade the CPU to a newer model and buy a matching motherboard; but that's more pricey.

Also are you 100% sure it's your motherboard that is the problem?

ReceivedKO

The motherboard I currently have is an ASRock Z75 Pro3
It has recently died and I am 100% sure it is the problem and my local repair shop seems to agree but they just keep jerking me around for money so I decided to do it myself since they've taken over 2 weeks and there has been no progress.
I was looking at the ASRock P67
However that is out of stock and the local repair shop also had problems with that, they thought it was either the CPU or the motherboard that was defective.
Please Help!

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Both motherboards support PCI-Express graphics card, every motherboard does.

Personally it's a fair bit of money to put into a 6 year platform, I'd go with an upgrade and get new 6th generation processor and matching motherboard.

Last edited:

ReceivedKO

Both motherboards support PCI-Express graphics card, every motherboard does.

Personally it's a fair bit of money to put into a 6 year platform, I'd go with an upgrade and get new 5th generation processor and matching motherboard.
Which motherboard and CPU would you recommend? I only use my computer really for youtube videos and playing a couple of games, League of Legends, and whatever low end game I feel like playing that month :/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online