1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I revert back to Vista from 7 without losing my files?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by psam3, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. psam3

psam3 Thread Starter

Windows 7 is starting to show all of its problems and I would really like to go back to Vista but I don't want to lose all of my programs and files.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

You're going to have to backup all your data and programs .. and reinstall them.

You'd have to do this even if you upgrade to the release candidate version of W7 - That should be available soon.

These are only trial versions and will drop dead sometime.
    I would not use W7 for the only copy of my data or programs ... Even if it did work

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

I'll 2nd that thought, N.
    (y)

RF123

4. Arctik

Arctik

Yeah, as the others have said, the Windows 7 beta is a one-way install (you can upgrade, but not downgrade)
    IIRC, when you're installing Windows 7, it does tell you this. That, or I read it somewhere else

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/818113