1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I run COD Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games' started by Pranav2204, May 28, 2018.

?

Upgrade Poll

1. No need to upgrade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4GB Ram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i3 Processor

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pranav2204

Pranav2204 Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with 3 GB ram(2+1) and a Pentium Dual Core CPU T4200 @2.00GHz and is a 32 Bit system.
    Can it run Call of Dute Modern Warfare
    or should I consider upgrading the ram to 4GB or should I change my processor to i3

So Will it run on 3 gigs of ram and the above mentioned specs.
    Please note that I would like to avoid Upgrading it to anything at the first place, I would like to upgrade only if it Cannot function at all.
    Thanks

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

To answer your question succinctly: probably not. Here's what you're looking at for minimum specs, and there are a few issues with your current hardware.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Capture.JPG

That processor is too slow, and an Intel Core i3 is NOT a supported processor.
    Only 3.25 - 3.50 GB of 4 GB of RAM can be used in a 32-bit Windows operating system.

If you want to have a quality gaming experience, you need a laptop which has the "horsepower" for it.
    Trying to upgrade that old Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and more RAM is a waste of money and a losing battle.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  4. Pranav2204

Pranav2204 Thread Starter

Then is there anything that I can do?other than buying a new system?

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact 7-character "service tag" number on that laptop?
    What's the exact 32-bit Windows version it's running?

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Since it's a laptop and Intel Core i series are a completely different generation of processors you cannot upgrade your processor for both of those reasons. More importantly you also have an old and basic graphics chip that's not suited for gaming but office type use, it cannot be upgraded either. It's time for a new laptop, one designed for gaming.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  7. NathanielFalardeau

NathanielFalardeau Temporarily Banned

You are going to be able to play the game at a very very very low fps, I'd be surprised if you can lower the graphics settings low enough for it to run smoothly, but I would suggest you to get a laptop with a graphics card. If you don't want to pay for another laptop, another option would be to get a external graphics card but it would be much better to just replace your entire system if you are gonna try gaming because you would have to take apart your laptop. Or even look into a desktop computer with a graphics card, you can get a desktop computer with a graphics card for way cheaper than a laptop with one.

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Pranav2204 hasn't replied back in 11 days, so any further comments and advice from us is probably a waste of time and effort.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    An external graphics card is not going to help a laptop with a Pentium Dual Core CPU T4200 or even be compatible at all.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!