1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can i scan document then edit?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by paublo, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paublo

paublo Thread Starter

Aug 30, 2003

I was wondering if(and how) can i scan my resume and change it all i have is a hard copy and was trying to avoid retyping it all.

I have a umax scanner running in xp(not a great setup but i can get it to work through ms publisher but not vista scan)but can i get it into word for editing the text

Thx for any reply even a simple no
  2. kiwiguy

Aug 17, 2003
    If you have an OCR program (Optical Character Recognition) then yes, you can scan the resume and have it converted to text.

Don't expect perfection in the spelling or the formatting however. Its very dependent on the clarity and size of the font on the scanned document.

Its unlikely that the free OCR software that would have come with your scanner works under XP, but there are free programs available, such as:

Commercial (expensive) OCR programs give better results, but you may get useable conversions with simple packages.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/181640