1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I set up the computer to refresh web page automatically

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Photopilot, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Photopilot

Photopilot Thread Starter

I am taking an online course and it has a time requirement before i can take the test. It is in a subject area I am very familiar with and only need to browse the material before taking the test. As a result i am spending my day doing other things and swing by my computer every 15 minutes or so to refresh the page to get credit for being online.

Is there a way to have the computer automatically refresh the page every 10 minutes or so? I am using Firefox, but can use something else if it would accomodate this function.

Thanks

2. demortes

demortes

Could write your own HTML with iframes, and then set it to autorefresh.....

3. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

4. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Or you could install the Reload Every Firefox extension. :)

Personally, I think you should read the course material, as instructed by your instructor. :p

Peace...

5. Photopilot

Photopilot Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input.

I actually am the instructor. I need to take the course to renew my rating. Since I work in my industry for over 6 years now and live and breath the information in the course, there is no need for me to spend 16 hours reviewing information that I can pass with far less effort. One particular section required 250 minutes of study before I could take a test. I used the browser on my phone to pass the 250 minutes then studied the last 30 minutes to be able to pass that section. I only have one more section to finish now but will check out the "reload every" for future reference.

6. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Don't mind me, just giving you a hard time. :)

Peace...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/685404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice