Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I successfully downgrade from Office 365 to 2013?

722 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
Yep, in Oz, I'm tired of getting ripped of for some $14.00 a month for Office 365 plus these days I don't need it much anymore like I did when in small business!

Could I purchase the stand alone Office 2013 and still drag up files from the latest 365 Version?

Or would I get the dreaded "incompatible format " message popping up?

I realize that a nono second after I stop my (end of monthly) subscription I will lose access to 365 totally and as MS supplies zero support in most everything, I haven't had much luck in getting an answer other than more sales blurb on keeping 365!

Assuming the 365 data and files etc. will come up on 2013 OK, I guess I should uninstall 365 110% before loading 2013 version lest they fight each other somehow?

If it were Apple, I'd be able to talk to a human being in a minute or so but not old MS in Australia!

Thanks all!

#3 ·
Thanks for that!

Down here in Australia we have a crappy exchange rate that pushes it up to AUD14.00 a month so pretty similar to you guys!

Just that I rarely use the Suite much butvdtill enough to retain it nonetheless.

MS support in Oz doesn't exist really, never has, never will!

Appears their Virtual Assistant is all we get, being pretty useless ........

I can buy the 2013 for about eighty bucks but my main concern would be the ability to open 365 files with 2013!

#4 ·
365 has been upgrade to 2016, if you have installed the updates for it.
The 2013 version is what 365 was a few years ago.

There really in not any difference between the two, it is just them method of paying for the current version(s).

So yes, you should be able to open the 365 files with 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.