Can I trust kingston/Corsairl Re: memory recommended for my MB?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geektobe

Hi
Does anyone out there know if I can trust Kingston or Corsair when they say a certain model of memory is compatiable with my MB?

What I have is a ASUS A7V600 and I want to put DDR400/512 mb in it.
According to Asus only certain more expensive brands of DDR400 are recommended to use e.g Kingmax, Nanya, Micron etc.

I want to use a less expensive DDR400 memory of Kingston or Corsair that I can get from Tiger Direct. Both Kingston and Corsair say that the memory I want at Tiger is compatiable but I really don't want to take a chance if I have to.

Asus A7V600
AMD Thunderbird 1.4 MHZ
windows xp

From what I understand, Corsair is a very excellent brand and recommended by many. Check out the reviews at Tigerdirect or Newegg.

Any stick of 512mb ddr400 ram is fine, brand doesn't matter. Well brand does matter in that some make better quality products than others, but yea corsair is good, so is kingmax or kingston.

geektobe

Thanks Jackiefrost9 and Tacocaster
Great, so I disregard the manual recommenations and just buy a good brand.

I have the same board and inorder to go for more than 512 , I needed to Flash the Bios . not like the old days it is easy and reasonably safe . up to 512 you should not have any problem and I go for price on ram but the name brands are more reliable I am told , I never have had a problem.

dustyjay

Jay
Both Kingston and corsair are good brands, I would say the corsair would be the better of the two. Crucial is another top brand.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online