Can I turn off the sound on messanger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chewie1012

Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying ring sounds with Yahoo instant messanger? I would like for there to be no sound without having to turn off my volume. I like to listen to music while chatting but can't as I get rings all the time.

Sign In to Yahoo Messenger, go to Login > Preferences > Alerts and Sounds and change your settings here. Of course you will have to remain on-line while doing this.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Hi chewie: After you open Yahoo messenger:

Click on "login"
Click "preferences"
Under general click "select alerts and sounds"
Remove check mark from "enable sound alerts"

Take care. angel :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online