1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by danaltick, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danaltick

danaltick Thread Starter

I would just like to know if I can upgrade from 32-bit Vista to 64-bit Vista down the road, or will I have to completely re-install the O/S and all my apps to do that? Nowhere have I seen anyone address this vital decision-making issue.

2. bigwookiee

bigwookiee

My understanding form taling to MS. Is that any upgrade from 32 to 64 will require a clean install along with all your aps and files. :mad:

Hope this helps
    Bigwoookiee

3. danaltick

danaltick Thread Starter

That's what I thought and I can't believe nobody is even taking that into consideration when making their decision. It certainly influences mine. I run a small business with my PC with many apps. Rebuilding is a major set back for me. Unfortunately I'm hearing 64-bit is still not ready for prime time.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Then I'd stay with the 32bit versions of Vista - you'll be much better off anyway as 64 bit support is very limited at the moment.

5. Crusnik

Crusnik

I tried upgrading from 32 to 64... Had to do a clean install.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!