1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by saxwatkins, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. saxwatkins

saxwatkins Thread Starter

Would like to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. I have a HP windows 7 home premium with a service pack 1. Model # 120-1126, processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon (tm) HD graphics 1.65 GHz. Installed Memory: (RAM) 4.00gb (3.61 gb usable). System type: 64 bit operating system, no pen/touch. windows are activated, workgroup and have a product ID #... Do i need to save everything on a flash drive before i do this and if i do how would i do it. Sincerely, saxwatkins...............

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

You appear to have a HP Omni 120-1126 Desktop PC 20" all-in-one which came with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit.
    It also appears it came with the above processor and integrated graphics device and 4 GB of DDR3-1333 RAM.

It hasn't been tested for Windows 10, nor are there any downloadable Windows 10 drivers for it, but that doesn't mean it can't run Windows 10.
    My concern though is how well it'll run Windows 10, considering how weak its processor and graphics device are.

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. saxwatkins

saxwatkins Thread Starter

Thanks frank, I'm also a disabled Viet nam vet. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sincerely, saxwatkins.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome. :)

Microsoft will stop providing monthly security updates for Windows 7 SP1 in January 2020, but that doesn't mean you can no longer use your computer on-line afterwards.
    As long as it has an up-to-date browser and up-to-date antivirus app and you keep it properly maintained, it should be fine for on-line use after January 2020. (y)

I Corp, Chu Lai area
    Oct 67 - Feb 68

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. ddavies4243

ddavies4243

I could not find anywhere on the link you have in your post to be able to download windows 10..

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    The link is the blue 'Download Windows 10' text quoted above, just click on it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice