Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I upgrade my hp pavilion g6-1d73us cpu

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hi family first post here. I received this laptop from family member, and wanted to know if I can upgrade the cpu on this model. From what I researched it's a socket 988b rpga and the maximum cpu can be a i7-2640M, and with a maximum of 8 gb memory. I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct. If not what would be my maximum possible upgrade for this laptop? Thanks for all your posts and guidance.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi thanks for the reply. (S/N 5CG151033N) and (P/N A6Y34UA#ABA).
According to those numbers, you have THIS HP Pavilion g6-1d73us Notebook PC which was originally purchased in January 2012 and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

It also originally came with these hardware specs:
Intel Core i3-2350M 2.30 GHz processor(CPU)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB SATA hard disk drive(HDD)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
IDT high definition audio
Realtek 10/100 Mbps ethernet
Atheros or Intel or Ralink or Realtek 802.11b/g/n wireless
6-cell WHr Lithium-ion battery
65W power adapter

If you want to improve speed and snappiness in that notebook, max it out with 8 GB of RAM and switch to a solid state drive(SSD).
I doubt its processor(CPU) can be upgraded.

I noticed you posted this same question in other forum sites.

-------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
Thank you Frank. I did post on other sites sorry about that I did read that they don't want you to do that. So I won't do that again. I'm a newbie who's studding for my CompTIA A+ and doing some real life practice scenarios at home for some hands on experience. Im about to order two 4 gb DDR3 Sodimm rams . I did notice on my research that this model only accepts 1333mhz version, and if that's the case then buying a 1600mhz will be downgraded to 1333mhz because of the motherboard. Can you confirm that I'm correct about this? Thanks again

#6 · (Edited)
There's no rule here against posting in multiple sites, so feel free to do so.
Just as long as they don't contradict or negate our efforts helping you here.

Your notebook supports up to 8 GB(4 GB x 2) of RAM.
It uses 204-pin, 1.35 volt, CL=9, Unbuffered, Non-ECC, DDR3-1333 MHz modules.

The Intel Core i3-2350M processor that supposedly came in your notebook supports DDR3-1066 MHz and DDR3-1333 MHz speeds.
If you install DDR3-1600 MHz modules, they will run at a slower speed because of the processor's limitation.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...ore-i3-2350m-processor-3m-cache-2-30-ghz.html

------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.