1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can I use 1 video card for vga out & another video card for svideo out on same PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kapustin Yar, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kapustin Yar

Kapustin Yar Thread Starter

I have a mobo with two PCIe slots. Can I connect one for vga out and the other one for svideo out?

My Primary one and Nvidia 9500gt doesn't have its svideo working. I thought I might add an NVida 8600 that DOES have svideo working to correct this.

Is this connection possible?

2. thedancingman432

thedancingman432

3. Kapustin Yar

Kapustin Yar Thread Starter

My machine doesn't have an agp slot. Can I buy a video card with an old fashioned pci slot and run video out through it.

4. thedancingman432

thedancingman432

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You can have multiple video cards installed. I've used two cards to support 3 or 4 monitors in the past. For best results, you should use cards of the same chipset brand (ie: ATI or nVidia). Having said that, I've not used a second card just for S-Video output. But I don't see why it wouldn't work

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1017858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice