Can I Use both SD and DR ram-plz help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
if you mean RDRAM as in RAmbus(rimm) and SDRAM (dimm, e.g. pc133) then normally no. Only way you could is if a motherboard had both type of slots; and even then, you can only use one type at a time. So technically the answer is NO. SDRAM has 168pin, RDram has 184pin.

DDR ram (184pin too) is different too. So if a motherboard has only one type of memroy slot, you can't mix between the two or three.

Some MBs offer both Sdram and DDR slots on one board (via the i845 chipset), but still you can only use one or the other at a time.

No you can't mix ram at all, and you have to use what the board was built to use. (even if it is the same kind... such as it is all sdram.) You also have to have all the same thing... same speed, either ecc or non-ecc, ect. Mobos are built on one ram platform only. I don't know of a board that uses more than one type... such as using RDRam and DDR and the same time or using them interchangably... but I don't see why it would be worth it. Hope that helps.

thanks deuce_mn

after reading your post, I noticed I didn't quite word my above post right.(it's fixed now). thanks for the cover.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online