Can I use my old Sky router as a repeater?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dannyyoung

Hi everyone

I have recently moved away from Sky to another provider for my telephony and broadband services, I still have my old Sky router and I was wondering if I can use it as a repeater? There are areas of my house where I get bad wifi signal and it would be good to put the router to some use, the other option being that I throw it out.

It seems fairly locked down and I am no expert, has anyone else done this before? The model number is SR101.

Thanks for reading :)

etaf

Wayne
most routers cannot be used as a wireless repeater - although if you can run a cable to the area , you maybe able to use the sky router as a wireless and lan access point

you would need to log into the configuration pages and see if it has a repeater option

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online