Can i use this programme?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmcd

I currently use Word 97 and use Windows XP. I have the chance of upgrading to Word 2000. If I do this, am I likely to have any problems e.g will I loose all my word 97 letters etc or do they just transfer to Word 2000. Also, is Word 2000 a better programme? thanks

First Name
Anne
You'll be just fine. If it were me: after installing, make sure you upgrade to SP1, but do NOT run the upgrade to SP2.

Also, if you just install Word 2000 to a non-default folder (put it into C:\Word2K or something), you shouldn't even have to lose Word 97, that is, if you have room on your hard drive and want to keep it.

dmcd

thank you. Could you tell me what SP1 and SP2 are please??

First Name
Anne
LOL.
Quite frankly, they call them Service Releases and Service Packs, and I don't remember which is which or if they're the same dang thing, and whether they're SP1 and SP2 or SR1 and SR2...it's ridiculous!

Thanks kiwi!

Service Packs are downloads that are patches you need to keep your system up-to-date with the latest fixes and product enhancements. Go to the Microsoft website for the latest.

Edit:

Geez you guys and gals are fast! :D

How's it going Anne? Say hello to Scott! (y) Up pretty late!

First Name
Anne
Yes, I am! And I'll say hello to Scott too! That is...if I can wake him up...
:D

PS: Please note the link in my signature. You might want to email me...

[email protected]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts