1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can i use this programme?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dmcd, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

I currently use Word 97 and use Windows XP. I have the chance of upgrading to Word 2000. If I do this, am I likely to have any problems e.g will I loose all my word 97 letters etc or do they just transfer to Word 2000. Also, is Word 2000 a better programme? thanks

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You'll be just fine. If it were me: after installing, make sure you upgrade to SP1, but do NOT run the upgrade to SP2.

Also, if you just install Word 2000 to a non-default folder (put it into C:\Word2K or something), you shouldn't even have to lose Word 97, that is, if you have room on your hard drive and want to keep it.

3. dmcd

dmcd Thread Starter

thank you. Could you tell me what SP1 and SP2 are please??

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    LOL.
    Quite frankly, they call them Service Releases and Service Packs, and I don't remember which is which or if they're the same dang thing, and whether they're SP1 and SP2 or SR1 and SR2...it's ridiculous!

Thanks kiwi!

6. maxflia10

maxflia10

Service Packs are downloads that are patches you need to keep your system up-to-date with the latest fixes and product enhancements. Go to the Microsoft website for the latest.

Edit:

Geez you guys and gals are fast! :D

How's it going Anne? Say hello to Scott! (y) Up pretty late!

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Yes, I am! And I'll say hello to Scott too! That is...if I can wake him up...
    :D

PS: Please note the link in my signature. You might want to email me...

[email protected]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice