Can I use USB and Ethernet on Cable modem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cheapshot

I want to connect 1 pc via the Ethernet port and one pc via the USB port on my Toshiba pcx1100u cable modem. Can these work together simaltaneously? I just want to know if it can be done. I already have a router but this is something I always wanted to try. Thanks in advance.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Nope. You have one data stream, you just get to pick which hole it comes out of. FWIW, I've never tried the USB on my PCX1100U, and I never intend to. USB sucks for networking, there's no point if you have an Ethernet connection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online