1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can I view multiple windows/ ASAP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by janalynn, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. janalynn

janalynn Thread Starter

I would be so grateful if someone knows this and can answer soon.

I want to open an internet website, read a document, AND
    I want to open Word at the same time directly next to the website window on screen to take notes as I read..

Is this a function beyond capability? or have I just never read the right page of the users manual?

I searched the web and the archives---no one but me seems to need this burning question answered. I sure would like to take notes without having to flip back and forth all the time..

Help is gratefully and humbly accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jana

2. junker39

junker39

Sure you can. Open one, resize it to the size you want, open the next, resize it and the same with the third. You can open a hundred windows if you want.

3. walkeriam

walkeriam

Yes you can if you set your folder options correctly. To do this, go to START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES and click on WINDOWS EXPLORER. Then click on the TOOLS tab at the top and select FOLDER OPTIONS and on the GENERAL TAB, third spot down click OPEN EACH FOLDER IN IT'S OWN WINDOW, then click APPLY and OK.
    Hope this works for you!
    Let us know!!!!!!

4. janalynn

janalynn Thread Starter

thanks very much. I now can have two side by side views. x-actly what I needed. I am thrilled. one question...if I can set that up in IE in the folders, can I do the same in Mozilla and how does one do that??

again thaks so much
    Jana

5. walkeriam

walkeriam

Sorry Jana, I have no experience with Mozilla and can not advise you there. Perhaps someone else can?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice