Can IE 5.5 have seperate user profiles?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eskimo990

Netscape Communicator 4.74 can be set up with different profiles for seperate users. Can IE 5.5 be set up similarly? If it can, are the profiles password protectable?

eskimo990
Microsofts way of handling different identities and separating is through user profiles at the explorer level. If you chose to have separate users and create such you have options at creation to use completely different desktops, programs folders and so on.
Upon boot to system you will be requested to input name and password for user and system will load that users profile. At that point IE can be changed to allow for users preferences. You can also log off identities and log back in without restarting. Currently
I have two desktops I work with to keep major functions separate. Both are password protected and have different desktops. My wife also has her own identity on the same computer.
Hope that answers your question.
Dave

eskimo990

Dave,

Thanks for your response. I currently have different profiles and desktops using Plus! for Kids. I am using a password protected profile to control unsupervised internet access for my children. I was hoping there was a way to have seperate IE setups (Favorites, etc.) for different users on the same Windows profile.

Is that possible?

Rick

Rick
I do not think so. There may be some third party software that does that and maybe someone else has ideas.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online