1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can it be fixed?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SandraKay, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SandraKay

SandraKay Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario computer. I use Spybot Search & Destroy and MCAFEE VIRUS SCAN PLUS to protect myself from viruses etc. The other day I tried to download Webroot Window Washer. At first everything ran okay but as I continued working to download it, I found a screen which read Pleas select your language.
    The drop down menu was blank.
    I contacted Webroot and they have sent me links to download this program. The problem is, I cannot get past the language selection screen.
    One time, my computer flashed a message which said the Language.dll was missing. I have not seen this message since then.
    Is there anything tht can be done to download this program or should I jusst forget it and ask for my money to be refunded?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

3. Tardious

Tardious

May sound like a silly reply, But my experience, When i have installed things, The language bar is always blank until i actually click it then the menus appear, Have you tried that ? ☺

4. SandraKay

SandraKay Thread Starter

Have tried everything I can think of. Menu does not appear no matter what I try. Cannot proceed past this screen. I am about ready to ask for refund

5. SandraKay

SandraKay Thread Starter

I have McAfee Virus scan plu and Spybot search and destroy installed. Could either of these be interfering? If they are, how do I disable them until installation is complete?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice