1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can It Possibly Be True?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by aarhus2004, Jan 24, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. aarhus2004

aarhus2004 Gone but always remembered Thread Starter

Today on the BBC's online News UK program:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4202199.stm

"Bad driving 'linked to hormones'

Parked by a man or a woman?
    Map reading and parking may prove difficult for some women because they were exposed to too little testosterone in the womb, researchers suggest.
    The study, in the journal Intelligence, fuels the age-old male myth that women are deficient in these skills.

Scientists from the University of Giessen, Germany, found a lack of the hormone affects spatial ability.

Low testosterone levels are also linked to shorter wedding ring fingers, they say."

Curious? True? 7/10? Ridiculous? Funny? Sad? Informative? Useful knowledge in practicing (male) safe-driving skills? Patently FALSE? Outrageous? Hummm? and so on ad infinitum... :D

2. Raeli

Raeli

Must...not...go...there...

...can't...stop...

Well, I'm sure that any woman who wants to improve her parking and map reading skills would have no trouble finding a man willing to offer up some precious bodily fluids for immediate exposure! :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself! :eek:

3. poochee

poochee

I don't know any women who can't read a map or have problems parking a car. Where are they? :confused:

4. moonmist

moonmist

I think i could find my way to NY and park in front of where you reside and come kick yer assets !!!!!! :p ;)

5. poochee

poochee

You go get em Moonmist!!

6. Raeli

Raeli

Okay, that's it! :mad:

No precious bodily fluids for you!! :p

Unless, you know, you want them, then I'm sure we could negotiate a suitable arrangement... :D :D

7. moonmist

moonmist

[​IMG] ..........dont make me go there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Big-K

Big-K

Now raise your hands high class! Who really cares?

I hate these studies.

9. alex_holker

alex_holker

I don't know about the parking, but a few girls I know certainly support the lack of map-reading skills and spacial awareness. I really can't understand how someone can get lost, unless they didn't know how they got to their starting position.

Alex

10. Raeli

Raeli

First, Owwwwwwwww! Come on, really! Was that necessary?

Second, if you don't want to get better at reading maps and parking, that's your business! I'll leave you to it! ;) :cool:

11. DiSaidSo

DiSaidSo

I know lots of MEN who can't read a map!!! I also know lots of MEN who can't seem to give a decent set of directions. :rolleyes: I hate these kinds of studies too b/c it only seeks to draw more gender lines. (n)

I make maps for a living and I really hate it when I'm told that because I have boobies, I can't read a map. :rolleyes:

12. poochee

poochee

When some men get lost they refuse to ask directions and pretend they are not lost. Is that a spacial thing? Or a special thing?:D

13. DiSaidSo

DiSaidSo

lmao poochee!

My opinion on directions: Most people can't give decent directions and I'm better off fending for myself. (y) And on the rare occasion that I am "a little turned around", I will ask someone, but usually, it's other people asking me for directions! :eek: Can you believe that? A WOMAN!!! :D

I like your new avatar, btw. ;) (y)

14. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike

Give me the sun or the moon for reference, and a few major landmarks, and I always know where I'm going. The trouble is the damned roads don't always go there.

15. DiSaidSo

DiSaidSo

Well, you've got that damned dead end road problem around where you live. I'm tellin ya, connect those roads and all your problems are solved. (y) :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice