1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can' locate all my files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wrenie, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Hi, I am having a problem locating all the files that are on my computer. I thought that when I updated to XP the old files were gone, but just now as I was creating a data cd I saw all the old files. Now here is my problem. How do I get to those files to delete them? I just an't figure out where to look so that I can delete the and they are eating up way to much space. I sure hope you can help me. Thanks in advance. Wrenie

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

Look in your Window Explorer for your files. Your best bet is to do a search on a known file to locate that folder, otherwise you're going to need to open each folder if it's not save in your document folder.

3. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Bruce, I hate to sound so dumb, but where do I located the Windows Explorer? Wrenie

4. Bruce319

Bruce319

Click on the Start menu then, Programs, then Accessories, then Windows Explorer. Once open, click on the small plus signs to view the data. For example, click on the plus sign on "My Computer" to view your c-drive, then click on its plus sign to view the folders in your c-drive. At anytime, you can use the search button to locate your files.

5. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Thanks Bruce, I will check this out. Wrenie

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!