Can Ms Updates Be Trusted?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NEED ADVICE

A friend of mine who has connections in high places told me that some MS updates are part of a DHS Patriot Act directive to discover who is browsing certain websites and read their file information. Although I have nothing to hide, really, I've found that my old 98 2nd Ed. runs better now that I deleted items 903235 and 823559. Of course I ran Adaware after the IE repair to remove the 7 Alexa objects as usual. I really know very little about computers, so am I shooting myself in the foot by doing this? Should I just go ahead and download anything from Windows update? Is there really a chance that my system will be attacked as they say if I ignore these updates? Should I just welcome big brother's post 9-11 Orwellian world? Your thoughts appreciated. :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online