1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can my Local Settings folder be Unhidden?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by marie500, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Can my Local Settings folder in the Documents & Settings folder be unhidden and made to stay that way? I un-hide it, it allows me to uncheck the Hidden box (making it visible), and "apply to all of the files and subfolders." But then it always re-hides itself, the next time I go into Docs & Settings, it's Hidden again - so just unchecking Hidden isn't doing the job. Is it a protected system folder? If so, I'd only want this single one visible. Can I do this?

2. rude

rude

Is there any reason you need to have this folder un-hidden?Most of the information and settings in this folder are easily accessible from the toolbar at the top of your screen

3. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Oh you're right, I don't have to...I will do it that way! I've always done it the long way and never changed the bad habit. Time for a change!

4. rude

rude

If you need help with anything specific just let me know,i'll be glad to help you out

5. fyrresq

fyrresq

I have a user that always clicks yes to save as when she opens an attachment in her email . well is saves it in the local settings\temp file. Well the issue is she can not gain access to that file to pull saved items out of. 1 how do I change it so it dosen't default to save to that location. and 2 how does she get to those files already saved to that location?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/231598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice