1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can my PC hold this HD?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stecks, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

This is one of the drives I've thought of for a possible HD upgrade

SEAGATE 300Gb 7200rpm 16M U100 (# ST3300622A) 5-YR MAN Warranty

Now that would be used as a Master and my current one would get the toss. And for a little help towards anyone with this my PC is a Emachiness T2824. Any help with this would be great !.

2. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

I'm not sure if I can run an SATA... Whatever a T2824 can hold .... I'm not sure so don't quote me on this but I think just think I can run a PATA

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

My mistake .... (# ST3300622A) is PATA .... (# ST3300622AS) is SATA.

Are you running windows XP ??

4. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

haha that's alright everyones allowed to make a mistake... And yes I'm running Windows XP Home Edition with SP2

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Yea ... I was thinking about another SATA ... and remembered the PN.

Looks like your good to go ... are you paying more than $89 ?? ... the Seagate ATA was last weeks Frys special.

I see you have USB 2.0 .... Might want to add one of these for you old HD ..
    External HD Enclosures Hard Drive Not included - Some easy assembly required.

6. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

haha I wish i had USB spaces they're all taken' up... Well here's the price of it now mind you this is Canadian and also a few other drives I'd consider but hey like they say "Go big or go home"

SEAGATE 300Gb 7200rpm 16M U100 (# ST3300622A) 5-YR MAN Warranty -- NEW >>>>>> $151.20

SEAGATE 250Gb 7200rpm 8M U100 IDE (# ST3250824A) 5-YR MAN Warranty >>>>>> $117.59

SEAGATE 200Gb 7200rpm 8M IDE U100 (# ST3200822A) >>>>>> $111.59

SEAGATE 160Gb 7200rpm 8MB IDE U100 (# ST3160023A) >>>>>> $99.00

and here's the site www.kctechs.com that's a place I'd rather go from comparing prices of other places around me and so far they are cheaper just pending on specifics.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

8. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

I would get more USB's but nah.. I'm more so wanting more harddrive space cause what I want to do I can't entirely do cause it just takes up so much room. And back ups I'm good for because every few months I make a data DVD for all software and other stuff I keep on my PC. And If I was to get that much much larger HD I can put back on some stuff that I want with out consistanty popping in a disc.

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sounds good to me.
    Need any Cloning/Backup software suggestions ???
    Acronis TI Home Page …. The free trial D/L is fully functional for 15 days. ….. Buy here for $30

Could always mount the 40 as a slave ... Better than pitching it.
    Have fun :D

10. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

Well that place that I'm getting the HD from is gonna do that for me for only $25 and well I'd rather let a qualified tech do it rather than myself cause I don't persay really trust myself with doing so even if I do it step by step. Haha 40Gig as a slave no thanks I wanna get it whiped clean and install it within my brother's computer cause all he's got is a pathetic old 10Gig so I think he deserves it more for what he's had to deal with for HD space.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice