Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can no longer boot to Windows10

300 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
Hi!

I cloned my C: to a new SSD but the laptop continued to boot from the old internal drive. I tried to change the boot sequence following online instructions. Its a Dell Inspiron 7000, and uses UEFI. To change the boot sequence i had to switch off ‘Windows Startup’ in the UEFI menu. Saved and rebooted. Now i just receive a ‘PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, check cable message’ and an instruction to Reboot and Select proper Boot device. I cant get into the UEFI menu by pressing DEL, or ESC or any of the F keys. How can i fix this?

#4 ·
Are you making the clone with an external Usb connected drive or some other way ? What software are you using to make the clone ?

With the new drive in the laptop tap the F2 key continually as soon as you have pressed the power button, that should get you into the UEFI bios, if so set 'Windows Startup' as first boot device, save and exit.

If it does not boot into Windows you will have to make the clone again, but this time switch the laptop off as soon as the cloning is finished and swap the drives over before restarting the laptop, don't let it start with the original drive still inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.