1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can Norton Ghost copy SATA hard drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shenty, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shenty

shenty Thread Starter

I have an 80gb 7200 ST80023AS SATA hard drive with my windows installation and loadsa progs.....

I have just bought a new Western digital raptor 10000rpm SATA hard drive and i want to use Symantec Ghost corporate edition to GHOST my old drive to my new one.

Does anyone know whether this software can do this or would i be best to create a RAID mirror from one to the other and then take out the old drive ?

My sys spec is

ASUS P4P800E deluxe
    P4 3.0 prescott & Zlaman fan
    1gb Corsair 2,3,3,6 matched
    hard drive as above
    Pioneer DVD A07
    Liteon 52x24x52
    ATI 9800se AIW

Help always appreciated ;)

2. /\/\r.Abdul

/\/\r.Abdul

you seem to have knowledge of raid can u explain to me what u where planning to do cos i have no idea. and how can u take out the old drive after u do a raid array?

3. shenty

shenty Thread Starter

i have set up raid mirror systems before and been able to unplug the 1st drive in order to boot to the 2nd to test whether drive failure is covered by it....

4. /\/\r.Abdul

/\/\r.Abdul

i still dont understand but oh well. and sorry that i cant help ya, i know absolutley nothing about raid sorry.

5. saikee

saikee

I have done it myself. The Norton Ghost can clone a RAIDed SATA (2 disks) into a single IDE. RAIDed_SATA-to-single_SATA and single_SATA-to-single_ SATA of course no problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice